Filers Main Page
Candidate and Committee Types
Legal Main Page
Issues of Interest
Campaign Finance Law
Public Financing Law
Advisory Opinion Index
Interpretive Bulletin Index
Searchable Campaign Finance Data
Legislative Full Year Activity Summaries
Mid-year Legislative Reports
Year-End Legislative Reports
City Council Candidates (Cities over 65k)
Non-Candidate Filer Reports
Ballot Question Reports
Local Party Reports
Independent Spending Reports
Independent Expenditure Reports
Independent Ballot Question Spending
Casino Ballot Question Spending
Political Spending Reports of
Other Groups and Associations
Campaign Finance Reports Non-Filer List
Searchable Campaign Finance Data
Charts & Graphs
Forms & Education
Guides, Forms & Publications
Frequently Asked Questions
Education & Multimedia
Local Party Committees
OCPF's Legal Search
Includes Advisory Opinions, Interpretative Bulletins, Guidance Letters, MGL Chapter 55, Regulations and selected reference materials.
Second Within Results:
By Document ID
All Political Committees in MA
Ballot Question Committees
Candidates & Candidate Committees
Groups Other Than Political Committees
Internet & Electronic Filing
Legislative Agents & Lobbying
Political Action & People's Committees
Political Contributions & Fundraising
Reporting & Disclosure
State & Local Political Party Committees
CHOOSE A TOPIC FIRST
Related Law Section:
2. Accounts of campaign contributions and expenditures; violations; penalties
3. Director of campaign and political finance; selection, etc.; powers and duties; judicial review of decisions; procedure for violations; penalties.
4. Repealed, 1986, 631, Sec. 3.
5. Online Training
5. Political committees; statement of organization; treasurer; secretary; duties; expenditures; penalties.
5a. Elected public officials; political action committees.
5b. Names or phrases identifying political committees in organizational statements.
6. Restriction on expenditures; penalties
6a. Contributions from political action committees; limitations.
6b. Ballot question committees; contributions.
7. Receipts, disbursements and contributions regulated; limitations; penalties.
7a. Campaign contributions to candidates from individuals; limitations; contributions from legislative and executive agents; contributions from gaming licensee
8. Political contributions, etc., by corporations; penalties.
8a. Media organizations offering time or space to qualified candidates at no cost or at reduced cost; limitations.
9. Contributions and expenditures over $50; use of credit card by committee; penalties.
9. Joint Contributions
9a. Contributions by direct deposit; authorization cards.
10. True name and address of donor to be given; penalties.
10a. Treatment of contributions made to candidate or on behalf of candidate or through intermediary or conduit.
11. Soliciting of money, etc., from, and payment thereof by, candidates prohibited; exception; penalties.
12. Soliciting of money for nomination papers prohibited; penalties.
13. Solicitation or receipt of political campaign contributions by appointive public officers or employees prohibited; exception; penalties.
14. Soliciting contributions in public buildings prohibited; penalties.
15. Political contributions by public officers or employees restricted; penalties.
16. Requiring political contributions or services of persons in public service prohibited; penalty.
16a. Obligation to make political contribution or render political service; penalty.
16b. Obligation to make political contribution or render political service employed or compensation; penalty.
17. Public service status of officers or employees protected relative to political contributions; penalty.
18. Reports of contributions and expenditures; persons required to file; contents; reporting periods; time limits; penalties.
18. Reports of Subvendor Expenditures
18. Legal Defense, Inaugural and Recount Funds, Reporting.
18. Reports of electioneering communications expenditures.
18. Corporate election advertising.
18a. Reports of independent expenditures.
18b. Candidate or elected official sponsoring fund raising event on behalf of non-resident candidate; reports of contributions; penalty.
18c. Electronic disclosure for candidates and political committees.
19. Campaign funds; designation of depository.
20. Repealed, 1979, 335, Sec. 2.
21. Repealed, 1979, 335, Sec. 3.
22. Corporations making contributions; filing of reports with director; penalties.
22a. Expenditures for political purpose; report; punishment for violation; examination of accounts.
23. Persons acting for political committees; accounts and vouchers to treasurers.
24. Place of filing statements; signing.
25. Preservation of statements and reports by director; public inspection and reproduction.
26. Preservation of statements and reports by city or town clerk; public inspection and reproduction.
27. Furnishing blanks and forms for statements and reports, and summary of laws.
28. Inspection of statements and reports; delinquencies; notice; filing.
29. Failure to file or unlawful statement, report or affidavit; notice to and duties of director and attorney general.
30. Courts authorized to compel filing of statements.
31. Immunity of witnesses.
32. Corrupt practices by candidate defined.
33. Election petitions for corrupt practices; procedure.
34. Application of preceding sections.
35. Inquests upon complaint for violations.
36. Conduct of inquests.
37. Witnesses; attendance; process; fees.
39. Witnesses; binding over to superior court.
40. Apprehension of offenders.
41. Witnesses; compulsory testimony; immunity.
42. Forwarding certified copy of record of final judgment or conviction to city or town clerk; disqualification of defendant as voter.
55C, 1. Definitions
55C, 1a. Filing statement
55C, 2. Qualifying candidates
55C, 3. Limited public financing eligibility
55C, 4. Minimum financing available; primary election
55C, 5. Maximum financing available; primary election
55C, 6. Minimum financing available; state election
55C, 7. Maximum financing available; state election
55C, 8. Bond for faithful compliance
55C, 9. Statement of surplus balance
55C, 10. Declining public financing
55C, 11. Director authority
55C, 12. Punishment for violations
Related Regulation Section
1.0. CAMPAIGN FINANCE ACTIVITY
1.1. Scope and Purpose
1.2. General Provisions
1.6. Limitations on Contributions By Political Committees
1.7. Contributions by Conduits and Intermediates
1.8. Reporting of Contributor's Occupation and Employer
1.9. Contributions by Credit Card
1.10. Record Keeping
1.11. Electronic Filing
1.12. Transfer of Candidate Political Committee From Municipal Level to State Level
1.13. Transfer of Candidate Political Committee From State Level to Municipal Level
1.14. Electioneering Communications
1.15. Posting of Campaign Finance Reports by Local Election Officials
1.16. Disclosure Required of Candidates for Mayor in Municipalities with a Total Population of Between 40,000 and 100,000
1.17. Mid-year Campaign Finance Reports
1.18. Reports of Late Contributions Received
1.19. Contributions from Gaming License Applicants and Persons Holding Such Licenses
1.20. Legal Defense, Inauguration and Recount Funds
1.21. Municipal Candidates Filing of Pre-preliminary Reports
1.22. Definition of "Political Committee," and Identification of Funding Sources
1.23. Transition to Depository System
2.0. POLITICAL EXPENDITURES
2.1. Scope and Purpose
2.3. General Provisions
2.4. Advisory Opinions
2.6. Expenditures by all other Political Committees
2.7. Miscellaneous Provisions Applicable to all Political Committees
2.8. Disclosure and Disposition of Assets of Political Committees
2.9. Credit Card Expenditures
2.10. Reimbursements to Candidates and Other Individuals
2.11. Joint Campaign Activities
2.12. Joint Fundraising Events
2.13. Non-resident Fundraising Events
2.14. Failure to File Reports, Penalties
2.15. Constituent and Legislative Services
2.16. State Party Expenditures
2.17. Independent Expenditures
2.18. Subvendor Reporting
2.19. Reporting of Ballot Question Expenditures by Individuals, or by Corporations, Associations, Organizations or Other Groups of Persons
2.20. Independent Expenditure, Electioneering Communication, Ballot Question Disclaimers
2.21. Independent Versus Coordinated Expenditures
3.0. RULES OF PROCEDURE
3.1. Scope and Purpose
3.2. General Provisions
3.4. Reviews And Investigations
3.7. Disposition of Matters
3.8. Delegation by the Director
3.9. Removal of Non-filing Candidate's Name from Ballot.
4.0. PUBLIC FINANCE REGULATIONS
4.1. Scope and Purpose
4.2. General Provisions
4.4. Candidate Statements To Abide By Expenditure Limits
4.5. Eligible Candidate's Statement Of Qualifying Contributions
4.6. Determination Of Contributor Identity
4.7. Candidates Eligible For Public Financing
4.8. Certification of Limited Public Financing For Eligible Candidates
4.9. Candidate's Bond And Distribution Limitations
4.10. General Election: Rules Applicable To Governor And Lieutenant Governor Team - RESERVED
4.11. Expenditures Subject To Expenditure Limitations
4.13. Post Primary And Election Reports
4.14. Post Election Audit
4.15. Filing By Disk - RESERVED
By Date Range
No matching results were found.
Advisory Opinions [
Guidance Letters [
Law Sections [